Intermediate Landscape Architect/Technician
Do you have a desire to make a difference in our physical world; to share your passion for making the world a better place, one site at a time? If you are looking for opportunities to challenge yourself and a place where you can grow and develop as part of a team, you need look no further.
We’re looking for more than just experience. We’re looking for the right fit.
What We Do
At Brodie & Associates Landscape Architects, our mission is to help developers to succeed through providing design and environmental solutions for private and public development. Working with developers, design-builders, architects, engineers and municipalities, we provide a high level of service in creating functional, diverse and sustainable developments. Visit www.brodie.ca/projects for our portfolio.
With 30 years of experience in business with an entrepreneurial mindset, we can offer stability in a volatile job market. We are seeking a professional and energetic, individual to compliment our team and to participate in the growth of our firm. The successful candidate will become a valued and trusted member of our team, actively participating in projects from concept through to construction.
Intermediate Landscape Architect/ Technician
This position will provide a broad range of opportunities including preparation of designs and working drawings, planting design, grading, communication with the clients, approval authorities, and contractors; pre and post design field work; preparation of presentation drawings; and responsibility for meeting project related budgets.
You will be exposed to a variety of project types, scales and clients. Each day has the potential to provide something of interest and growth.
At Brodie & Associates we consider our people to be our greatest resource. We pride ourselves on a caring, friendly, positive and supportive team environment, and together we form a cohesive and effective team. We are collaborative, solution-oriented and creative. We demonstrate our core values of knowledge, integrity, relationships, commitment and community in everything that we do.
Our dynamic team and environment is always presenting new opportunities. You will be encouraged to lead and support new initiatives as we seek out opportunities for continuous improvement. Visit www.brodie.ca/about-us/our-team for an introduction to our team.
- Team player
- Highly organized
- Strong work ethic
- Personable and flexible
- Capacity for critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Leadership capabilities
- A desire to make a difference
Qualifications – Essential
- Background in Landscape Architecture
- 2-5 years experience working in a professional office environment
- Experience working with the development community
- Excellent AutoCAD skills
- Aptitude to learn quickly, be proactive and take initiative
- Knowledge of native plant material
- Valid driver’s license and eligibility for ZipCar
- Resident of the City of Toronto
Qualifications – Benficial
- Knowledge of municipal requirements
- Experience with Adobe Suite, Sketch Up and REVIT
- Experience with low impact development strategies
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial firm
What’s in it for You?
- A full time, permanent position
- Develop your leadership skills in a supportive environment
- Variety of responsibilities
- Opportunity to use your strengths in a supportive environment
- Challenging and meaningful work with opportunities for personal & professional growth
- Opportunities for advancement
- Fun, team building activities & supportive culture
- Work-life balance
- 3 weeks of holidays each year
- Participation in our bonus plan
- Summer hours
How to Apply
Send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.